December 11, 2012

December Birchbox: All Wrapped Up

Received my first Birchbox, since I figured I try to expand my variety of products and it was relatively cheap. December's box was centered around the holiday theme and these were the items that came in my box. See what I got after the jump!







Nicole Richie Perfume Sample / The Balm Mary-Lou Manizer / Emily's Fortune Cookie / Kerastase Ciment Thermique Sample (2) / Juice Beauty CC Cream / Rent The Runway Discount Card
Nicole by Nicole Richie: This perfume sample was a bit of a let down. Especially since I enjoy scents that are fresh, light and sporty. This perfume was very warm, smelled like amber and musk. You could say this is definitely geared towards an older clientele, but it definitely does not work with me. I also feel like the smell is too strong.

The Balm Cosmetics- Mary- Lou Manizer: This was probably my favorite part of the box, it comes in a small container that is held closed by a small magnet. For 1 gram, it definitely goes a long way. I use this for highlighting and even as an eyeshadow.

Emily's Fortune Cookie- Dark Chocolate Peppermint: I was a bit taken back by receiving an edible item in my box, but gave it a try. The chocolate was good quality and the peppermint amount was just right, it reminded me of a Peppermint Mocha. The fortune on the inside said "To give during the holidays is an act of kindness. To give any time is an act of a great person." Which I thought was a great fortune relevant to the holidays and was a good reminder to always be kind to others.

Kerastase Ciment Thermique- Received two sachets and liked the smell of the product, very fresh and smelled of citrus. Used these two, in four uses and didn't find that much of a difference in my hair besides the nice scent.

Juice Beauty CC Cream- Warm Glow: I tried really hard to like this product, especially it being organic, natural and a multi purpose product. The color was too orange for my skin, didn't see any change in skin as it claimed to do and the smell- the smell was horrible. It was along the lines of dry straw and grass. It lingered on my face for too long. The product was also pretty greasy, streaky and had little to know covered even with it's strange oompa loompa coloring.

Rent The Runway- Didn't even bother using this, it was just a discount card for when you pay full price for an item rental.

I didn't feel like the December box was really worth it as most of the items weren't in my interest and the sachets and perfume sample you can easily obtain at your shopping mall or through a product website sample request. Hoping the next boxes are worth it, if not I'll just be canceling them for another service with better items.

No comments:

Post a Comment