January 11, 2013

January Birchbox: Best Year Ever

I had higher hopes for Birchbox's January box, especially after the new year passing. This box was a lot better and I believe had more value. See what's inside after the jump!







100% Pure Body Cream (2) / Ojon Rare Blend Oil / Eyeko Skinny / Aerie Shimmer / Embryolisse Lait- Creme Concentre

100% Pure- Green Apple Nourishing Body Cream: I'm actually glad to have received these samples, as I've heard of this brand before but never got to purchase or try it out. The scent was fresh, light and that of green apple. The cream was thick and moisturizing, but tends to get a little greasy if too much was used. I like how this brand uses 100% natural and 100% vegan ingredients. Also you could read the ingredients and everything was fruit or plant based.

Embryolisse Lait-Creme Concentre: This is supposed to be a HG item for my professionals and I was curious to try it out myself. The moisturizer itself is thick, non greasy and absorbs beautifully into the skin. I also found using this before applying make up made everything go on so much smoother. Disliked the packaging as it was placed in those aluminum type tubes, like the ones they use for Abreva.

Ojon Rare Blend Oil: I've received a sample of Ojon Oil before at Sephora and wasn't particular pleased with it, however this one had three distinctly colored layers and had a good scent. I liked applying this to the ends of my hair after a shower, but found if you put more than one drop on it made my hair really greasy.

Eyeko Skinny- Black: I personally own a full size of this so I was thrilled to have a travel sized one. Definitely a good back up, or great for on the go.

Aerie Shimmer: Let down again by Birchbox's scent, this scent is similar to Nicole by Nicole Richie but a lot lighter and not as strong. It has that warm Vanilla scent, peony and Bergamot. Definitely a more complex scent than I'm used to. I have been trying to wear it, but I feel like it becomes too overpowering as it's still a strong scent even after a long day of wearing it.

A lot more promise with their January box, unfortunately I decided to cancel my subscription and moved to Ipsy. I didn't feel the sample sizes on Birchbox was worth it, as the perfume and small sachets are easily obtainable at Macy's or Sephora.

No comments:

Post a Comment