April 8, 2013

Review/Empties #1

This will be my first empties post! Just a few items I've used up within the last 6 months. Some things I decided to try out and some samples I've obtained, whether they be from Birchbox or just from over the department store counter.




 Mac Pro Longwear SPF 10 Foundation: Love the pump top especially the fact that it can be locked, it's ideal for travel! The color I got was in NC25, which I found to be too pink for my skin. It has an SPF lotion type of smell but has good lasting power.

Mac Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15: This foundation I have in NC 30 which matches my skin a lot better, as it's a lot warmer toned. I wish it had a pump top, but it lacks so. The consistency is good, long lasting power and makes your face look flawless.

Maybelline New York FIT me: This foundation is in the shade 210, it has an SPF of 18. This is my current foundation in my everyday makeup routine. It blends well with my skin, feels light, gives a dewy finish but does not have the coverage of Mac foundations. I usually add MUF's Full Cover concealer with this to give coverage and it works great.

Dior Hydralife Sample: Loved the scent, finish of this foundation. It instantly makes you look refreshed, youthful and glowly. The only con is the high price tag and the color I was given was a bit too orange for my face.

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Repair CC Cream in Warm Glow: I got this sample in my Birchbox and was thrilled to receive an all organic product. Much to my surprise I found the smell unbearable, the color too orange, little to no coverage and was very greasy on my skin. Not much promise with this product.

Lancome Paris Color Ideal in Medium 20 W: Sleek powder compact, medium to sheer coverage. Feels light on the skin, good as a setting powder.

e.l.f. Under eye Concealer in Light: Bought this with the Highlight/ Undereye Concealer ... the color matches well but does not conceal the under eye area well. Also found it to creasy and the texture too loose.

 Bioderma Solution Micellaire for Oily skin: Heard about this product through Zoella in one of her favorites videos I believe and had to try it. I was looking for a toner that was gentle, but enough to remove excess oil and cleanser on my face after washing. This toner smells awesome and leaves skin feeling refreshed. I bought this on Amazon.

Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair: Got this trial size in a gift set from Macy's. I used the entire bottle throughout my night routine and found it to keep my skin plump and soft. No dramatic effects however.

Clinique Moisture Surge: Received this in a Clinique gift set from Macy's and I find this to be the best moisturizer in the winter time. I especially enjoy putting this on at night and seeing how soft and plump my skin looks in the morning.

Clinique Spot Corrector: Tried this sample given to me over the department counter, however the amount given wasn't enough to see much improvement in blemishes or spots.

Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion: Long name, but my go- to moisturizer. It doesn't break me out, doesn't have a scent and sits well under my make up. I currently use the full size with dispensing pump.

 Maybelline New York Define- A- Lash: I found this mascara to cause my eyelashes to feel to hard. I found many of my eyelashes fell out while using this and it's difficult to remove even with make up remover. Over the course of the day, flecks of mascara would be visible on my cheeks. The brush isn't very volumizing and lacks bristles, it's a soft type plastic brush.

Palty Eyebrow Gel: Definitely my favorite eyebrow gel, when my hair was a lighter color. The brush is a good size, right amount of shimmer and looks natural. Only con is that it is pricey, I purchased this on eBay for around $14

Maybelline New York the Falsies Volume Express: Didn't care for the bendy brush applicator, but good thick bristles. Helped in volumizing and lengthening, however clumping was an issue. Waterproof just as it's claimed.

Maybelline New York Great Lash: The most famous mascara there probably is to date, but my least favorite one as well. Does nothing to volumize or lengthen, it's only good if you want a coating of mascara for a quick run out. Mine was also not waterproof so there was a lot of smudges and smears over the day.

Revlon Colorstay Liquid Liner: I bought this on a whim while at the grocery store to see if I could get back into liquid liner again. This liner caused my eyelids to burn, the formula didn't dry quickly and isn't waterproof.

One Love Organics Rose Aromatic Body Serum: Got this atomizer in my Birchbox and had higher expectations from this company compared to Juice Beauty. The rose scent was light and the spray was perfect to use post shower/bath. The oil was very light, but I didn't find it too hydrating and the scent didn't last throughout the day.

Ojon Nature's Golden Elixer: Sample from Sephora, I heard many rave reviews about this hair oil and was interested to see how well it worked especially with my damaged, dyed hair. The scent was a bit off and I couldn't get the correct amount right. Too little and there was no change, too much and my hair turned greasy. Didn't see any significance once using this.

Jo Malone in Orange Blossom: My dear friend let me have this sample and it's the best smelling perfume I've ever tried on. It smells sophisticated, fruity and fresh but not too sweet. Definitely will have to buy a full size.

Pretty lengthy Review/Empties post, but I hope it helps anyone reading it. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment